Founded in 2008 for clients who needed tighter delivery-times than the industry standard offered.
X-PLATING is the first and only company to simultaneously supply galvanic treatments, X22 (PVD Technology System) finishes and coatings in an exclusively single and integrated process.
During 2020, X-PLATING will acquire a new establishment of approximately 1000 square metres to enlarge its production facilities.
Production Lines and Plants
X-PLATING’s entire production is currently carried out through a static galvanic plant which provides nickel and non-nickel finishing. A development project was initiated last year involving two new structural technologies for physical vapour deposition applications
X-PLATING offers the possibility to develop and personalise colours and solutions.
- Single or combination deposition treatments to satisfy qualitative and aesthetic requirements.
- Research and development of innovative deposits not yet experimented with, or used in the reference market.
- Embellishment of metals by means of an electrodeposition process. Accessories are immersed, either manually or automatically, via a static process. For small items (buttons, eyelets, etc.) that cannot be affixed to a frame, it is also possible to apply treatments using a roto-barrel plant.
- Physical Vapour Deposition (PVD) technology, applied to fashion accessories and reindustrialised through research and innovation, continues.
- Our transportation service covers all of Italy on a daily basis as part of a dedicated pick-up and drop-off of goods and materials.
With a view to continuous improvement, we dedicate ourselves every day in order to guarantee the best for our clients and staff, and we constantly strive to stay current with the objective of pursuing the best certifications as regards environmental protection, for quality, and for work ethics.
Through the realisation of the project ‘LEAN & SGI’, X-PLATING undertook a company development plan to consolidate its competitive advantage over the competition. The project foresaw the activation of two service typologies, B 2.2. and B 2.4, via the achievement of two x objectives:
OB1: ‘Optimisation of production operations through the introduction of the Lean culture and instruments, enabling performance improvement in business processes on three fronts: service, costs and quality, as well as the development of staff in a manner that they become owners of processes which manage and in which they operate.’
OB2: ‘Implementation of the Integrated Management System, Sistema di Gestione Integrato (SGI), QUALITY – ENVIRONMENT – ETHICS SA8000.’
Acronym: THIN FASHION
The project concerns the materials technology of layering of manufactured metals intended for the fashion accessories industry, for leather goods, jewellery, watches and costume jewellery. The studio is centred on the innovative technology Physical Vapour Deposition (PVD) which has not yet found an application in the industrial context, to the point of being able to gauge possible issues, to the extent of being able to gauge possible issues in the reference sector.
The project furthermore consists of the following operational objectives:
Operational objective 1: DESIGN, REALISATION AND TESTING OF PVD PROTOTYPE EQUIPPED WITH THE ‘IONIC JAR’.
Operational objective 2: PVD DEPOSITION FOR ‘MADE IN ITALY’ JEWELLERY, COSTUME JEWELLERY AND WATCHMAKING.
Operational objective 3: SUBSTRATE AND SURFACE PREPARATIONS.
Operational objective 4: ANALYSIS OF TECNO-ECONOMIC ASPECTS, CERTIFICATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS.